Terms and Conditions
2019 Annual Modern Gas Rib Showdown
- Team Captain must be 18 years of age to register.
- $50 entry fee due upon submitting application. (Entry fee includes 1 cooler) Note: ADDITIONAL COOLERS WILL BE $10.00.
- All grills must be set-up and ready no later than 1:00 pm on Saturday, October 26, 2019 at Modern Gas located at 1335 US Hwy 82 West, Leesburg, GA 31763. (Set up may begin as early as 10:00am.)
- All food preparation must be on-site. A certified judge will inspect meat prior to cooking. Meat will be inspected beginning at 11:30 am.
- Grill, cooler(s), supplies and team must fit within the 10×10 space provided. Note: If grill is pull behind, it must be disconnected.
- A maximum of a 10×10 tent is allowed, and recommended.
- Competition is based solely on the prepared BABY BACK RIBS supplied by griller.
- Gloves and one (1) turn-in box will be provided by Modern Gas to each team.
- All food preparation must be complete and ready for judging competition by 7:00 pm on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
- Judging/Scoring: Each entry will be scored by three (3) or (4) judges (depending on the total number of entrants) in the areas of presentation (only ribs in box), taste/flavor, and tenderness/texture. Scoring ranges from a low of one (1) to a high of five (5) in each category. Entrants are responsible for delivering prepared meat to judges in the provided turn-in box. A minimum of six (6) individual ribs must be in the turn-in box with the latch closed
- Every team, including members and guests, are expected and required to exhibit proper and courteous behavior at all times. Teams will be informed of all local laws and will adhere to same. Failure to abide by these rules of behavior may result in expulsion from the contest.
- An entry can be disqualified by the judges only. An entry can be disqualified for any of the following reasons.
- There is evidence of blood such that the meat is uncooked.
- The entry is turned in after the officially designated time..
- Gloves are not used while handling food products.
- At no time is a vehicle allowed in the roped off area. Thank you, Modern Gas Company.
*Winners: The Winners will be determined by adding all the scores together and the team with the highest amount of points will be in 1st place, followed by 2nd highest score in 2nd place and 3rd highest score in 3rd place. In case of a tie, a 4th judge will judge ties entries on the same criteria stated above. The additional score will be added to the previous totals to determine the winners.